These steps are for submitting a Prime Minister’s question online. If you prefer to use a hard copy, please read how to submit a Prime Minister’s question on paper.
You or your staff can complete these steps, but you will need to register your staff to use the MemberHub.
- The deadline for tabling an oral question to the Prime Minister is usually 12.30 pm on the preceding sitting Thursday (if a recess is approaching, check the Question Time rota (PDF, 45 KB) for the deadline). A sitting day is a day the House is meeting.
- Go to the online MemberHub
- Click ‘submit’ (towards the top of the screen) and choose ‘oral question’.
- Choose ‘Prime Minister’ from the list of departments and click ‘select’.
- Most people ask an ‘engagements’ question, meaning they don’t have to submit the text of their question. The engagements question is already filled in for you. If you do want the text of your question to be known in advance, delete the engagements question and write the text of your question in its place. Check it conforms to the rules for questions. If you are submitting the text of the question and have an interest to declare, click yes and explain what it is.
- Click ‘next’. Review the information and click ‘submit’.
- The Table Office will check your question and contact you if they have a problem. Once the Table Office has approved your question, it has been tabled.