You or your staff can complete these steps, but your staff can only complete step 4 if they are registered to use the online MemberHub or have your handwritten signature.
- You can only add your name to an EDM when the House is meeting. You can submit a name at other times, but it won’t be added until the House meets again.
- If you don’t already have the text or number of the EDM you want to support, find it using the EDMs database or contact the Table Office (eamil email@example.com or phone 3305). If the EDM hasn’t been published yet, you can view it in the Table Office and add your name to it there.
- If you have a relevant interest, you must declare it when adding your name.
- There are five ways you can add your name to an EDM:
- Go to the online Member Hub, click ‘search’ and ‘Find Early Day Motions’ at the top of the screen to search for the EDM, click ‘actions’ and select ‘sign’ or ‘sign and declare interests’.
- Phone the Table Office on 3305 in person.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your parliamentary email.
- Visit the Table Office in person or ask another MP to do so on your behalf.
- Send a signed copy of the EDM, or a signed note indicating the number of the EDM, to the Table Office, or ask your staff to hand it in. Photocopied, stamped or faxed signatures can’t be accepted.
- The Table Office will add your name to the EDM.