You can apply to the Speaker to vote by proxy if you are going to be a new mother, new father or adoptive parent. You can also apply if you do not wish to vote in person for medical or public health reasons related to the pandemic. This temporary extension of the scheme is due to end on 30 March 2021.
You can find the requirements of the scheme here.
You are eligible for the scheme if you are:
- a new biological mother of a baby
- primary adopter of a baby or child
- a new biological father of a baby
- the partner of the person giving birth
- the second adopter of a baby or child
- do not wish to vote in person for medical or public health reasons related to the pandemic.
You may also be eligible for the scheme if you have experienced complications relating to childbirth.
Contact an expert
Clerk of Divisions, Public Bill Office Email: PBOHoC@parliament.uk Extension: 4921